Monday 26 August 2019

THE SIXTH WICKED CHILD BY J.D. BARKER



This is the last in the 4MK trilogy and I am oh so sad to be saying goodbye to the brilliant cast of characters, especially Porter but mainly Ansom Bishop.
I tried to read this slowly, not wanting it to end, knowing that the author leaves clues scattered around that are so easily missed, but once I started I couldn't stop. A number of nights I had to keep reading into the wee hours and I didn't sleep well after reading this book.
The good news is, I can go back and re-read them all, this time with a different perspective because I know that unpredictable, amazing ending that I could never have guessed. I can try and find all the hidden clues and basically, I'm not ready to say goodbye so I'm not going to.
You must start these books in order, start with The Fourth Monkey and end with The Sixth Wicked Child. I won't talk about the brilliant plot with all its incredible twists and turns, I'm afraid I might give something away. Start this knowing nothing, you'll be blown away. The author's writing is special too, this is not just a plot-driven book, it has deep, believable characters and beautiful writing.
I will add that sprinkled throughout the books are excerpts from Bishops diary's and these, I believe, are a touch of genius. They add an extra depth to an already outstanding novel.
These books are complex, scary, thrilling and totally absorbing. A must-read, I can't stress that enough.
And I cried at the end and not just because I'd finished the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment