Saturday 17 August 2019








I haven't read Adrian Mckinty before, but after enjoying this so much I'm going to read his Sean Duffy series next and I can't wait.
This was a great concept well executed. Normal people are manipulated and drawn into a dark, criminal world which is frightening and violent and they never really get to leave because someone knows what they do and where they are. For parents everywhere it is utterly compelling. Just how far would you go to protect your child. Pay a ransom when the child is kidnapped? - Yes, but then kidnap someone else's child and keep them hidden until that family has completed their part of the chain? Could you? Really?
I loved all the characters, especially Rachael and Pete, loaded with problems and flaws that just added to the suspense and conflict. Then the villans, OMG terrifyingly good.
I could not put this book down, it will make a brilliant film that I will also go and see. Would definitely recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment