Wednesday 24 April 2019


My review of Pieces Of Her by Karin Slaughter


I'm a big fan this author's work, especially the Will Trent series, so I knew this would be good.
The story starts with a bang with chaos and conflict and continues pretty much like that right to the end. I had to keep reading to find out just what was the truth and what would happen next.
The plot and the writing are very clever, complex and full of murder, manipulation, and suspense.
The characters are well developed and three dimensional, the manipulative Nick particularly so.
I didn't take to Jane or her daughter Andy. Too much crying and Andy finding nothing to say and I could just never forgive Jane for letting someone do something so horrific to her and yet stay with that person. But not liking every character is part of the experience, I still loved the book.
It does switch back and forth between two different times and points of view, but the switch is clearly made and easy to follow.
A great read, very exciting page turner.

No comments:

Post a Comment