Friday 11 August 2017

My book review of The Art Of Fear by Pamela Crane
My first Pamela Crane and it won't be my last. I very much enjoyed this book even though it covered some very disturbing issues like sex trafficking of children and physical and mental abuse. Although these issues are gut wrenching and the author did not hold back in making it quite plain how harrowing it is for the victims. It is possible to read and enjoy this book because of Ari Wilburn, the main protagonist.
Ari is herself a damaged woman, carrying the burden of her sisters death on her shoulders, she hates herself, has low low self esteem. However she sets up a suicide support group and that's when her new life begins.
I loved Ari because she was flawed and grew into a strong, resilient character. She was funny right from the start. I also loved Tristan, her sexy love interest, friend and crime solving partner.
The book has enough twists and turns to keep you guessing and the characters are so well developed you just have to keep reading and willing them all to succeed. Great novel, great read

No comments:

Post a Comment