Wednesday 26 April 2017

My review of Ice Cold Alice by Mark Wilson

I just couldn't put this book down. From the very beginning it is dramatic, tense and very realistic. I thought that Alice's blogger alias, Tequila Mockingbird was just so clever and demonstrates the attention to detail that this author gives to his characters. Alice is a flawed serial killer, a vigilante that wants justice and even though she is brutal and twisted, she is also fascinating. I wanted her to get away with it, by drawing you in with information about her past, the author makes you actually like her! The detective trying to track her down is also a woman, Kathy McGuire, a complex, well rounded character that in any other circumstances I would want to succeed, but not with Alice. The book is fast paced, full of twists and heart stopping tension. I loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment